Saginaw County Bar Association ListServMessage Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
statutory awards of attorney fees
- To: BAR ASSOCIATION <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: statutory awards of attorney fees
- From: mike <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 19:12:32 -0700 (PDT)
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=fmrfwgWK2EQdc2zJ5klvtDS48NZh6QW1jrpjxtl7mmT0xUck5IogADau+d2EL6/uxFi11YDd6/tWbL3S+X6QXbX0Ebd9Qbksgokte6rzqPmKgirGyqecchnuLv+DPjVhkFdKYSuqLWZcCtGCTrZjTukrBo0AeTX3GpNQ5oCZ4ns= ;
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
I have about 10 cases involving the award of attorney fees to successful plaintiffs in consumer rights cases. The award of attorney fees is required by statute to be made to successful plaintiffs.The courts here are desirous of learning the hourly rates charged by attorneys in Saginaw in order that they don't short the plaintiffs attorneys on fees due them nor gouge the offending defendants.
It would be very helpful to me, other counsel involved and the courts if a survey of the members of the local bar could be done asking the amount of the hourly rates charged by them. This would be a good guide to the judges deliberating these issues in such cases.
Please help! This information is needed as soon as possible.
and best regards,